Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blog 5- sm@home

These are my simple machines at home. It shows lever, wheel/ axle, incline plane, screw, wedge, and pulley.






Inclined Plane- This is an example of incline plane, my stairs. I found this in my house, leading upstair. It allows me to advance to a new height with little effort.









Wedge-This is an example of a wedge, shape angled object splitting another board into two boards. I had some spare boards left over in my garage. It makes work easier by breaking up work into small increments.









Pulley- This is an example of a pulley. It is made from a key chain and a sharpie. It makes work easier because you can lift very heavy objects with little effort.








Lever- This is an example of a lever. It's made up of a volley ball with a board running accrossed it. It makes work easier because you can lift heavy object with little effort.








Wheel & Axle- This is an example of a wheel and axle. I used my weight bench, bar, and some weights. Wheel and Axle make work easier because you can lift more weight and transport that weight a farther distance.










Screw- This is an example of a screw. It is just one of the screws that my dad has. It makes work easier by breaking up work into smaller incruments.


























































































































































































1 comment: